View Full Version : sb600 speedlight
can anyone tell me if the nikon sb 600 can be used in manual when off camera in wireless mode. whenever i go to set it to a manual output and then go back to my wireless settings screen it has turned off the wireless setting.
thanks for any help
03-29-2010, 01:58 PM
Yes it can, I do all the time with my 2 SB-600s. However, it does not have a sync connector, so your choices are:
- use it in CLS mode or...
- get a hot shoe with a sync connector and attach a wireless receiver to it and place the SB-600 into the hot shoe.
My personal preference is to use the hot shoe connector as I use Pocket Wizards to trigger my flashes for greatest range/reliability.
If you need more precise info, pics or whatever let me know. :)
BTW, what I think you are experiencing is NOT the flash turning off wireless mode, but it falls into stand-by mode. To disable stand-by mode you:
- Press and hold the ZOOM and "-" keys at the same time for 3 seconds to enter the custom settings menu.
- Press the "-" (minus) key into you are into the STANDBY mode settings.
- Press the MODE button until you see something like this: -- -- -- - --
- press the power button once to save those settings and get out of the custom menu settings area.
thank you very much for your help once again, will give that a try
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.1.4 Copyright © 2013 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.